!!!! NEW ADVERT !!!!
Who are we?
Panorama Veterinary Clinic & Specialist Centre is dedicated to offering first opinion veterinary medicine of the highest caliber and we have been servicing the local community of Cape Town for 23 years. Our clinic is currently the only facility in the Cape to offer specialist surgical and ophthalmology services. Some of the other services hosted at our clinic includes an Exotic Animal Clinic, a Cat Clinic and Animal rehabilitation and physical therapy.
We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with a 24 hour emergency service that offers after-hours cover. Our team includes 9 Veterinarians, 1 Specialist Veterinarian, 3 After-Hours Veterinarians, 7 Veterinary Nurses and 8 Technicians, all supported by a very competent administrative and support staff.
We are planning to add to our current team of nurses, and therefore we currently have a vacant position available in our nursing team.
Surgical Nurse Vacancy
This position would be very satisfying for a nurse with an interest in surgical nursing and a passion for theatre work. Due to the specialised nature of the surgery performed at our clinic, the successful candidate will be exposed to unique and interesting cases, and they will have the opportunity to work with a variety of species.
Surgical Nurses have the following specific responsibilities:
• Assisting surgeons in theatre with a wide range of surgical cases including TPLO’s, hip replacements, spinal surgery and soft tissue procedures.
• General nursing duties include taking care of hospitalized surgical cases; procedures such as taking radiographs; running blood tests using in-house lab equipment; anaesthetic management; follow-up care of surgical cases such as suture removal and bandage changes;
• Other duties include maintaining patient records, client communication, theatre hygiene and theatre equipment; and stock control for surgical supplies.
Hours of work
Due to the number of nurses at our clinic a very reasonable shift system is in place. Nurses work approximately 1 half-day shift and 1 full day shift on Saturdays in a 6-week period.
Benefits for nurses at the practice:
• Excellent facilities, equipment and very good support staff
• Employer contribution towards at least one CPD event per year
• Employer will cover the cost of annual SAVC maintenance fees (after 1 year of employment)
• No reception work of After-hours duties
• Very good shared weekend schedule (no Sunday or public holiday work)
• The different shifts with different responsibilities provide a very stimulating working environment for nurses
• A minimum of SAVA rates will be paid and salary is negotiable based on experience
• Qualified Veterinary Nurse with valid SAVC registration – new graduates and experienced nurses are welcome to apply
• Excellent nursing skills with a high regard for patient care and providing excellent service to our clients
Interested candidates are welcome to e-mail their CV and motivation letter to the Hospital Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org